SEO Foundations Course
(Search Engine Optimization)
This course is designed to help people learn about SEO, and how it can be applied to improve a website’s rankings in search engine results. It aims to talk about all of today’s important aspects involved with search engine optimization.
There have been many changes which have occurred in recent years with SEO, as it’s been a quickly evolving industry. It’s important for people to stay up-to-date with their knowledge, if they want their SEO strategies to be effective in the long term. Understanding modern priorities and building relevant skill-sets helps people ensure that their work will have a positive impact.
This course can be customized in order to meet individual skills and needs.
Who should attend? This course is for anyone who wishes to learn how to increase a website’s visibility in search engines, using whitehat SEO techniques.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of how to use a computer, including: accessing programs and files, navigating and organizing files and folders, accessing online accounts such as an email account, and a basic understanding of how to use an internet browser. An entrance exam may be issued prior to enrollment, in order to assess an individual’s current skill level.
Duration: 40 Hours
Homework: It is recommended to spend about 4 – 6 hours per week working on review and assignments out of class.
Assignments: Assignments will not be graded, and are solely for the purpose of giving feedback and identifying areas where a student can use help.
- What is SEO?
- The differences between search engines
- What is Whitehat & Blackhat SEO?
- The goal of search engines
- Understanding search engine results
- Relevancy, and reaching your target audience
- What are search rankings and traffic?
- How search engines crawl a page and determine its rankings
- Different Algorithms, and how they affect rankings
- Co-Occurance Analysis
- Inbound, outbound, & internal links
- User engagement, UX & information architecture
- Keywords & content features
- Mobile friendliness
- What is on-page SEO?
- Meta titles & descriptions
- Canonicalization and pagination
- Robots.txt, Noindex & Nofollow
- Status codes & re-directs
Building a Site’s SEO Strategy:
- Analyzing a site
- Longtail keyword research
- Content writing
- Local SEO
- Link building
- Site maps
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console (Google Webmaster Tools)
- Checking changes in traffic against algorithm updates
- Third party tools for measuring search data
Site Speed Factors:
- The importance of page load times
- Identifying a site’s speed issues
- Optimizing images
- Lazy loading content
- Mobile-first coding
- Server issues
Copyright © 2018, Victoria Technical Training
All Rights Reserved
This course outline is protected by copyright. Any unauthorized copying, distribution and / or decompilation is strictly prohibited.